QuickStudy: English Common Core (4th grade)
Students, parents and teachers can easily find answers related to the specific requirements of The Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts. This set of expectations and skills need to be mastered to succeed in school, college and the real world. The QuickStudy® series aligns with those standards being implemented in most states to help guide students through their classes, and to support parents helping their students succeed. Each guide in the series focuses on critical areas of the curriculum and features real-world problems, examples, illustrations, and tables to help students retain information.
Topics covered include:
• Relative Pronouns & Relative Adverbs
• Progressive Verbs
• Helping Verbs: Can, May, Must
• Prepositional Phrases
• Sentence – or Not
• Words That Are Often Confused
• Capitalization & Punctuation
• Spelling Words You Often Use
• Make a Smash with Your Words & Punctuation!
• Choosing the Right Words: Friendly Discussion or School Presentation?
• Understanding Figurative Language
• Topic Words