Outdoor Mud Kitchen
Outdoor play and exploration are becoming more common as schools increase the use of outdoor spaces. Outdoor mud kitchens can help foster creativity, communication, imagination, and collaboration, as well as motor skills.
This new children’s Outdoor Mud Kitchen is made with recycled plastic lumber that can withstand the elements and can be conveniently placed wherever children play. It requires no maintenance and is very durable with a long lifecycle because it does not rot or splinter (like some wood) or rust (like metal). The sink is made with our Large Open Tub and can be easily removed for cleaning or other play activities.
Why recycled plastic lumber?
Recycled plastic lumber is a sustainable product because it is made using materials that would have otherwise gone to landfill. It is made of a combination of plastics such as bottle tops, bottles, and plastic bags.
- Made with the equivalent of 5,869 plastic bags
- Sturdy frame made of recycled plastic lumber
- 1 removable Large Open Tub as a play sink (holds up to 10 lbs!)
- 1 Really Big Tub for extra storage
- 5 hooks for hanging kitchen supplies and other outdoor toys